Monday, October 26, 2015

Hard times (1)



Ramer

/ʁame/
Rrrah-may
To paddle. More or less the same meaning as galérer. The hard time you get when you rame is totally helpless. No matter what you do, it doesn't seem to work so well.

Pédaler dans la choucroute

/pedale dɑ̃ la ʃukʁut/
Pay-dah-lay dan lah shoo-kroo-t
Pedal in the sauerkraut. I have no idea where this one comes from. It's pretty much the same as ramer. You try and try but don't succeed. And you are stuck in the mud.

 
My teammate caught me making fun of her hair. J'ai ramé, big time, trying to convince her I was talking about someone else. It was like pédaler dans la choucroute. She didn't believe me at all. And now she's pretty mad at me.  C'est la loose.

Bonus : la loose.

/la luːz/
Lah lose
The lose. A lose-lose hopeless situation. 
La loose / la grosse loose / grave la loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment